We also did not consider external hard drives that have a solid-state drive. Although such models are prevalent and appropriate in notebook computers, they typically lack the longevity of operation and capacity for recovery in the event of a failure that you get from a magnetic-drive external hard drive.
How to Access Your Router Step by Step
1. Verify the local address of your router. Home routers are manufactured to use a default address such as 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.2.1. If unsure of your router’s default IP address, or if you have changed the default previously, follow these instructions: How To Find a Router’s IP Address
2. Verify your computer is connected to the router either via an Ethernet cable or wireless. In either case, ensure your computer possesses a valid IP address.
3. Open a Web browser window and request a connection to the router using its local IP address. For example, type http://192.168.1.1/ in the browser’s address bar to request a connection to a router using the IP address 192.168.1.1.
4. If the browser request is successful, you will be connected to the router and prompted for the administrative login (username and password) information. Enter the administrative login information to authenticate yourself to use the router’s admin screens. Broadband routers contain default usernames and passwords when first installed. Consult your router’s documentation if you need to know the default login information.
1. If the browser request returns an error message, your computer is likely not connected to the router. You may need to perform additional troubleshooting to establish a connection. Try the following procedures and repeat step 3 above as needed to resolve any connection problems:
* reboot (power off and on) your router
* temporarily disable your network firewall
* reset your router to factory defaults (consult the manufacturer’s documentation)
Router Access and Wi-Fi
If this is the first time you are connecting to a wireless router for administrative work, consider using a wired Ethernet link rather than a Wi-Fi link. Your Ethernet connection to the router will keep working even if you haven’t finished configuring or accidentally break its Wi-Fi settings.
When connecting to a router via Wi-Fi, keep the computer close to the router – in the same room if necessary – to avoid connection drops due to interference or weak wireless signals. Ensure the Wi-Fi security settings of the computer match those on the router, as mismatches prevent success connections. For more, see – Reasons Why Wi-Fi Connections Drop.
How to Send a Text Message (SMS) Via Email:To send a text message via email, you must use a SMS to email gateway. Just substitute a 10-digit cell number for ‘number’ for each carrier below:
* AT&T: email@example.com
* T-Mobile: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Verizon: email@example.com
* Sprint: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
* Virgin Mobile: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Tracfone: email@example.com
* Metro PCS: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Boost Mobile: email@example.com
* Cricket: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Ptel: email@example.com
* Republic Wireless: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Suncom: email@example.com
* Ting: firstname.lastname@example.org
* U.S. Cellular: email@example.com
* Consumer Cellular: firstname.lastname@example.org
* C-Spire: email@example.com
* Page Plus: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a Mac computer I highly recommend littleflocked.com